Wellbeing and Growth Mindset
The wellbeing or children and staff is fundamental to all our work at Heatherside. We actively promote the 'Five Ways to Wellbeing' through a whole range of ways and work hard to support all aspects of children's development.
Some ways in which we are promoting wellbeing...
- Through regular in school activities, within and beyond our PSHE and PE curriculum.
- Actively helping children to be aware of the 'Five Ways' through homework and in school challenges and opportunities (See all the ideas below!)
- Through our Wellbeing Ambassadors who work as a team to support each other and plan ways to help promote wellbeing across the school.
- By encouraging a positive 'Growth Mindset'
- As part our our assemblies, school charter and values.
- In our Forest School
- Taking part in community and charity events.
- In school support from our ELSA and other staff.
- Signposting to other agencies and working in partnership.
- Wellbeig activities and challenges.